Friday, March 28, 2008

Hello, Sunshine

Hello, sunshine. Come into my life.

It's a beautiful morning here in the Twin Cities, a bright blue sky and the sun is shining. I love sitting at my desk and having the sunlight spill into the room. Makes me happy. However, looks are deceiving because it is CHILLY!! The temp was only in the upper 20's this morning when I woke up. Sigh. When will spring arrive? My little sister is headed to sunny warm Mexico this afternoon for her spring break and I am insanely jealous. At least the sun is shining here, for now.

This morning I didn't feel like my usual heavy oatmeal for breakfast so I decided to switch it up. I toasted 2 slices of whole grain bread, spread raw almond butter on each slice and topped it with a sliced banana. It was quite good and a nice change from my standard breakfast. (Sorry no picture this morning).

I'm trying to wait until noon to have my lunch but I am already getting hungry. I just munched on 4 pistachios (all that's left) and now I am drinking a big glass of water with the hopes of it holding me over a little longer. I am working on eating more intuitively, asking myself "Am I truly hungry, or just bored?".

1 comment:

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

i am always hungry. or maybe im often bored...