Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Long Hump Day!

It's been a long hump day- at least the weekend is almost here! I got up at the crack of dawn for work. Despite having to wake up early, I actually prefer working in the morning. It's a fast shift and I like seeing the "world" wake up. I was hungry right away, but I held off eating breakfast until 7:30ish. If I eat breakfast at 5:30, I'm hungry for lunch at like 10! I sipped on coffee with soy for the first few hours though so that helped my hunger. 


Breakfast was a repeat of yesterday's swiss oats. I love this breakfast! I prepared it last night by combining a serving of oatmeal, 1/2 cup of soymilk, dried cranberries, and walnuts in a bowl. I covered it and set it in the fridge overnight. The cinnamon definitely intensified overnight so it's a good thing I love it. I added berry flavored soy yogurt and sliced bananas to the mix right before I ate it. Once again, this breakfast did not fail and filled me up nicely!


I was done with work at 11 and stopped at the grocery store on my way home to pick up milkfor my mom and some other items for myself. By the time I came home, it was almost noon. I knew I needed to eat something before my workout even though I had no appetite. One of the things I bought at the store was an Amy's Tofu and Spinach wrap. Once I remembered this, I was excited to eat it. Yum! I love Amy's products! I highly recommend this brand for quick meals. 


I met with my trainer at 1 and did an hour long of leg and core strength. He usually stretches me out afterwards for a few minutes, but today was extra long to make sure my legs are loose for Saturday! I came home and read The Memory Keeper's Daughter for a little while. I wasn't hungry at all after my workout, I actually felt sick so I didn't eat anything. It's bad, I know, my body needs fuel to recover, but today I just didn't feel right. I finally got hungry around 4ish. I don't really know what to call this, so I'll say my "third mini meal" of the day. It was the last of my Chickpea-Quinoa-Cashew pilaf with grilled veggies. I'm so sad it's gone now, guess I'll have to make some more. 


My friend (who's getting married in 10 days!!!) and I went for a 2 mile run around the lake. It was nice to catch up before the wedding. 

I'll be back with a dinner update!


12 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Ahh, sorry that you weren't feeling well after your workout :0( Hope you're feeling better tonight though!

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon. Your oats looks awesome!

Ashley said...

Your oats look good, do you end up eating them hot or cold though? And I understand about the cleanse, it seems like it would take a lot of planning and preparation, but you still eat super healthy so it's all good

Anonymous said...

I really want to try those things from Amy's!!! They look and sound really good!

Anonymous said...

I really want to try those things from Amy's!!! They look and sound really good!

(Sorry this is twice - computer issues!)

Monica said...

Thanks girls, I feel a lot better today!

Ashley- I eat them cold! Soaking them in the soy milk softens them up and they are cold and creamy.

Melissa- you should! i highly recommend Amy's brand of products. So far I've liked them all!

Ashley said...

I think I will try that soon! Maybe the hotness is what I'm not liking/getting used to with oats. I'm determined to like them because everyone has such good looking and great ideas with their oats I want to like it! haha.

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better!

Tag, you're it! See my blog for more info. - only fill it out if you want to though :)

chandra said...

I LOVE Amy's products!! Yum.

I'm getting so excited for you for your race this weekend!! Are you getting super excited?? I can't wait to hear all about it!

Anonymous said...

yum, those oats look so delish, i WISH that cold oats would fill me up so i could eat them!

Becca said...

I love the Amy's spinach and tofu wrap!

Monica said...

Ashley- haha I hope you like them this time! Let me know :)

Jenn- thanks! I will definitely do that!

Chandra- omg yes but I am so nervous too! I will for sure fill you in on the details!

Lindz- you are right, these don't fill me up as long as hot oats but i don't like feeling very full in the hot weather. I usually need a snack before lunch though!

Becca- Me too, I will be buying it again!