Thursday, June 5, 2008

Rollin Thunder

A thunderstorm's a brewin! The sky is a very dark shade of grey and I can hear the distant roll of thunder. I love summer thunderstorms! It's a good thing I got my run in this morning. 

My post-run snack was another smoothie. Today's smoothie was made with vanilla soy yogurt, frozen mango chunks, and a few frozen misc fruits (1/4 banana, 1/3 orange, berries). I ate it with a spoon so that it would last longer. 


An hour and half later I made a gigantic salad! This salad really did have every color of vegetables imaginable.


Green: 5 lettuce mix
Red: roma tomato
Orange: carrots, sweet potato
White: cauliflower
Purple: cabbage
Black: black beans

Alright, I guess I'm missing yellow and brown ;) I used Homemade Italian dressing. 


I'm starting to get hungry for a snack, but I'm not sure what I'm in the mood for. I'm sipping orange spice rooibos tea while I decide. 


**Edit: I decided I needed carbs for a snack so I made oatmeal with cinnamon and raisins. I should've made half a serving though, because I wasn't hungry for dinner 3.5 hours later!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe i love summer thunderstorms too but only when it's at night and i have no where to go... it's so relaxing!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

It's been storming here allll day, and I DON'T like it :0( Haha, sorry for the negativity, but I despise storms.

Happy Thursday!

Becca said...

I love summer thunderstorms. We haven't had a good storm here yet...I think there were better ones in MN!