Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Chocolate Mint Melties

These cookies smell so good and look beautiful! I can't post the recipe for these cookies but you can find it on Dreena's Sample Recipes.


I had to scrub my hands before typing this post because they were covered in gooey melted mint chocolate. I haven't actually tried one of the cookies yet but I know the Dark Chocolate with Deep Forest Mint bar from Endangered Species Chocolate was delicious. This bar was more expensive than others but once I picked it up, I felt way too guilty not buying it. I can afford to pay an extra 50 cents if it means saving endangered animals.

On to the cookies. I have been dying to try one of the recipes from Dreena Burton's Eat, Drink & Be Vegan ever since I got the book. I am not vegan but I want to include more vegan dishes in my diet because I have a sensitive stomach. I've learned in the past years that natural, whole foods make me feel my best. Plus, vegan recipes are delicious so I really have no problem including them in my lifestyle.

This was my first attempt at a vegan cookie recipe and I am proud to say I was successful. The recipe is pretty simple and I actually had most of the ingredients already. I was only missing the chocolate bar and spelt flour. I wasn't sure how easy it would be to find spelt flour at my grocery store since I had never looked for it before. I am so happy because in the bulk bins I found all sorts of alternative flours. It encourages me even more to make vegan recipes now that I know how easy it is to find the ingredients. (The nearest Whole Foods is 20 minutes away from me.)


The recipe made 12 cookies. I will be surprised if they last longer than tomorrow. I am so happy with the results of this recipe. I can't wait to try out more recipes from Eat, Drink & Be Vegan.

No comments: