Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Oats

This morning I wasn't in the mood for my usual banana almond butter oatmeal. I made my version of a healthy oatmeal raisin cookie. I added lots of cinnamon and a tablespoon of raisins to the oats and microwaved them. On top I added a splash of hemp milk and a tablespoon of chopped walnuts. It was a nice change to my usual bowl of oat goodness. This breakfast has about 120 less calories than my usual so we will see how long it keeps me full. I am guessing not much longer since it has already been 2 hours since I had breakfast.

Right now I am sitting at my favorite coffee shop in my hometown: Sati Coffee & Crepes. It's a super cute Frech cafe with great coffee and delicious crepes. I worked here for about 6 months and I loved it. It's a nice quiet place to study because it's a lot calmer than some of those other coffee shops! I am sitting by the fireplace with a big cup of coffee to warm up. It is freezing out there, definately not spring weather.

My plan is to finish my nutrition homework and then run a couple of errands. I need to return a gift I bought a few weeks ago, and maybe pick up a new book at the bookstore. I really need to get a manicure, my nails are horrible. Maybe I will add that to my list. Tonight I have training with my running group at 6pm. We are doing hills tonight so I know it will be a tough workout. Afterwards I am heading to my friend's house to watch the Twins game. I love baseball and I am so happy the season has officially started!

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

No comments: