Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Rainbow Salad

Good news, the sun was shining this morning so the snow keeps melting. I even got a little warm running around. I went to Target and then the grocery store to buy some ingredients for recipes I want to test out the next few days. My grandma came along and although I enjoyed her company, it took a little bit longer than expected. I was starving by the time we got to the grocery store so I picked up a free sample: Quaker Simple Harvest Multigrain Bars. I grabbed the Cinnamon Brown Sugar kind. It was good but I have to admit that my absolute favorite snack bars are Kashi brand. I also had a sample of wholewheat cracker topped with mascarpone and slice of strawberry. It was an outstanding combination. YUM! I might have to make these the next time we have company over.

Anyway, I made a salad from the salad bar at the store but it ended up being just veggies since the protein choices didn't look so appealing. It had spring lettuce mix, cucumbers, red and orange bell peppers, grape tomatoes, cauliflower and broccoli. It looked so pretty from all of the different colored veggies. I also skipped the dressing so I could add my own at home. When I got home I had a grilled cajun chicken breast leftover so I heated it up and added it to my salad along with the homemade italian dressing my mom makes.


My lunch was super satisfying and I felt incredibly full afterwards. Having the granola bar about 20 minutes prior must have done the trick.

No comments: