Monday, April 14, 2008

Tilapia with Mango Salsa

Last weekend for my friend's bridal shower I made mango salsa. I had a ton leftover in the fridge so I decided to use it up by broiling tilapia and topping it with the salsa. It was a simple, light meal packed with flavor.In a shallow glass pan I layered the tilapia and added the juices of one lime and half a lemon, salt, pepper, and chipotle sauce. The tilapia went into the oven for about 20 minutes, covered with aluminum. I uncovered it for another 10 minutes and then finally turned the oven on broil for another 5 minutes, for a total of 35 minutes.

The mango salsa was super easy as well. I made it over a week ago but here's what I did. I chopped a bag of frozen mango chunks into small pieces and tossed them with 1/4 of a red onion, lime juice, cilantro, salt, and chipotle sauce. The last time I made this salsa, I left it as is. It looked beautiful on the fish. However, for the bridal shower I blended the
salsa because I thought it would be easier to dip chips this way. It doesn't look as pretty on the fish but it still tasted great.

Tilapia with mango salsa, brown rice, and a glass of Chardonnay:


This afternoon I had a Kashi granola bar before my workout. I ended up walking on the treadmill for 20 minutes before strength class. I wanted to run outside but even though it was beautiful out, it was windy!



After the class, I had a Blueberry Banana Shake from the gym. I think I might be addicted to these shakes. They are so good!


I can't believe it's already past 10 p.m.! I am ready for bed...goodnight!

No comments: