Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spring is here

I've been jobless for about 2 weeks. My body finally started getting used to not waking up at 6:30. The last few days I've been able to make it to 8am! Well this morning I had to drag myself out of bed at 6:30 again because -exciting news- I am no longer unemployed! It's only temporary while my parents hire a new receptionist, but hey it's money so I won't complain. Anyways, as soon as I got out of bed I went upstairs to get a big mug of coffee. I like drinking coffee while I get ready because it helps to wake me up as opposed to waiting to drink it with breakfast. For breakfast I had the usual Almond butter-Banana Oats.

The office where I'll be working for the next few weeks is about 20 minutes away from my house. Not bad, but considering the sales office (where I do accounting work) is only 5 minutes away, this is a longer commute. To save on gas my mom and I decided to ride together. Answering phones from 8-5 sounds like it would be a long day, right? Surprisingly the day has flown by. This office is BUSY. The phone constantly rings! I ate my lunch quickly in between phone calls. I had a salad with a bunch of veggies and turkey, kashi crackers, and an apple.

The weather is gorgeous out there. The last few days have been warm temps but the strong winds made it feel chilly. Today it finally feels like spring has arrived. Luckily, I had a chance to break away for half an hour for a coffee break! I've been craving something cold and creamy lately. I gave in today and bought a coffee cooler from Caribou. These things are so good. They are just like Frappuccinos but better. Actually I don't really like Frappuccinos that much. But coolers on the other hand, yum! The vanilla is my absolute favorite. When I was in high school I would buy them almost everyday. Even though I get the "lite" coolers now, I still only have them once in awhile in the summer as a treat.

I decided to celebrate the first day of warmth with one.


I also had a Chocolate Chip Z bar as a snack.

I am so excited to finally be able to run outside today. Yesterday we had to run on the treadmills since it was so windy.

No comments: