Wednesday, April 16, 2008

FiberFULL


My run outside was wonderful. I ended up running a little over 6 miles today. It felt so great to finally be outdoors. It's funny because as soon as there is nice weather, every Minnesotan comes out of hibernation. The parks and trails were full of runners, walkers, dogs, and kids on the playground.

By the time I got home I was starving so I snacked on some baby carrots while making dinner. I wanted something quick so I looked in the pantry to see what we had and found pasta. Pasta is the perfect quick meal to throw together. While the pasta boiled, I sauteed yellow squash, green peppers, and broccoli in olive oil. We had some leftover bruschetta mix that my mom bought at Sam's awhile ago so I tossed the pasta and veggies with that. Finally, I tossed in some spinach and topped it off with parmesan cheese. It was such a quick and filling meal. I definitely had more than 2 oz but I was pretty hungry after my run. At least, part of my bowl was filled with veggies! I am so full now. Besides, part of the reason I run is so that I can eat more!!

Here's the pot of pasta. The veggies are mostly at the bottom.


I'm off to take a shower and watch Top Chef! Does anyone else watch that show?

No comments: