Thursday, April 24, 2008

Coconut Almond Oatmeal

Today is the kind of day where you want to stay in bed all day and watch tv. It's pouring rain. To lift the gloomy mood, I think I am going to just work for a few hours and then go to Vinyasa Yoga at noon. I haven't been able to make it to class these last few weeks, and I miss it.

On a brighter note, my breakfast this morning was delicious.
I started with my standard base of oats, cinnamon, almond milk, and banana. Once cooked, I sprinkled wheat germ, sliced almonds, and coconut on top.

I love coconut.


These oats weren't creamy because the wheat germ dries them out. I've found that only happens with almond milk, so maybe I just need to add extra liquid?

I hope the sun is shining where you are!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I've only recently started loving coconut - I'm glad I gave it another chance, since it has such a wonderful, luscious flavor! Great addition to your oats!

Hmm - I always use almond-milk in my oats... but I add 1/2 cup water when cooking the oats, and THEN add about 1/2 cup of almond-milk (so try adding more liquid, for sure).

I DO hope that the sun comes out where you are, so that you can fully enjoy your Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Well Monica - thanks for sending me the bad weather :( We're expecting storms all night and all day/night tomorrow too!

On a brighter note, I love coconut too!!!